Wednesday, December 19, 2012

New Media and Society

The biggest affect on new media and society is the fact that social networking sites are considered part of the hiring process for some companies. Post the wrong picture on Facebook and you might not get the job. Employers are tapping into sites that are meant to showcase an individuals personal everyday life.

This aspect makes it easier for employers to pick and choose who they want based on short post or in the moment pictures. No one really knows the real story behind something you might post and read it incorrectly.

I understand that by joining these are.by choice, but personally it makes me nervous to think that I have to watch what I say everywhere. I think twice about everything in fear that it will bite me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment